The regular monthly meeting of the Pecan Grove Municipal Utility District was held at the Pecan Grove Community/Administration building on the evening of April 26, 2022. The next meeting is scheduled for May 31, 2022 in the PGMUD Community/Administration building at 5:30 p.m.
Fort Bend County Sheriff’s Office – Monthly Contract Report for March 2022
PGVFD Report – March 2022
Repairs were completed on the restroom doors in Pecan Grove Park. Our parks contractor, Time & Season, is working with community volunteers to update the Butterfly Garden in Memorial Park. In May a new sidewalk from the playground to the parking lot in Pecan Grove Park will be built. Fort Bend County has donated 40 live oak trees to the subdivision and plans are in process for their placement. The community building had its first major meeting on April 19th with the Pecan Grove POA held its quarterly gathering.
- March testing confirmed the drinking water system met the state and federal compliance standard for disinfection and there were no permit excursions for the month in wastewater.
- The operator was authorized by the board to replace the surface water treatment plant sed basin east sludge pump for an estimated cost of $22,000.00. During inspection the pump was found to have a crack in the volute and in need of new seals, bearings, and wear plates.
- The operator will be adding additional bollards and chains to places where motorized vehicles are accessing the levee.
- The annual fire hydrant flushing will occur on June 13.
Drainage and levee system, including maintenance, repair and improvements, including storm water pump stations
- Belin Park Fence
- Odyssey met representatives from Pecan Grove Athletic Association at Belin Park to discuss the existing fence back stop and its impact upon the levee.
- Due to recent high wind events, the fence is dramatically leaning and could present a concern for the toe of the levee.
- Odyssey recommends that PGMUD, in connection with the PGAA, budget to remove the existing fence in the next fiscal year.
- PGAA will install, at their own expense, a new backstop fence set away from the toe of the levee.
- Belin Park Parking
- Additionally, discussed adjustment of the parking area located on the “Old Farmer Road” alignment that the District acquired from Fort Bend County.
- PGAA proposes to overlay existing paving with asphalt and extend asphalt to allow for better parking surface.
- Odyssey discussed drainage and franchise utility concerns in the area, but otherwise would likely have no objection to the proposed adjustments, subject to Board approval and any necessary agreements between District and PGAA.
- PGAA is determining costs and budgetary allowances for this project.
- Ponding on Stuart Drive in Pecan Terrace
- Resident notified the District of a large ponding area on Stuart Drive in Pecan Terrace.
- Odyssey has determined that these streets have been accepted by Fort Bend County and has notified Road and Bridge of the issue and notified the resident.