PGMUD Tops in Recycling
Congratulations! According to GFL, our community has one of the highest recycle participation rates in the metro area. It takes time to recycle, and it takes extra time to get the most out of the program. Education is critical in understanding what is and is not recyclable. Pecan Grove MUD picks up traditional recyclables once a week.
Trash and Recycle Information
The Recyclables pick up day depends on where you live in Pecan Grove. If you live north of Plantation Drive your recycle day is Monday. If you live on or South of Plantation Drive your recycle day is Thursday.
Should you need to replace a damaged recycle cart simply call customer service at (281) 368-8397, indicate you are in Pecan Grove and they will process the request at no charge.
Trash Collection Tips
- The maximum size allowable container is 50 gallons unless you purchased a cart directly from GFL.
- The maximum weight per container, bag or bundle is 50 pounds.
- Containers larger than 50 gallons and or items exceeding 50 pounds will have a notice placed on them indicating the need to use a smaller container or to remove some of the content on overweight containers or items for collection the next scheduled day.
- Tree trimmings need to be cut into 4 foot lengths, tied and bundled not to exceed 50 pounds.
- Dirt, rocks, brick and concrete are not part of normal trash collection.
GFL does have a special pick-up service available at a nominal fee to collect many overweight items or other items not covered as part of the normal service. Please call their office in advance at (281) 368-8397 to arrange collection of this type of material.
Recycling Collection Guidelines
Note: Some items acceptable to discard in the Fort Bend County Recycling Center are not all acceptable in the GFL curbside recycle program (e.g., batteries, tires, styrofoam, etc.).
Fort Bend County Recycling Center
Located at 1200 Blume Road in Rosenberg, accepts many recyclable items, including: paper products, tires, oil, plastics / Styrofoam, electronics, cans, latex paint, household appliances, antifreeze, glass, batteries and scrap metal.
Hours of Operation
Recycling: Monday-Saturday, 8:00am – 4:00pm (Closed Wednesdays and Holidays) Household Hazardous Waste: Mondays 9:00am – 6:00pm and the first Saturday of each month 8:00am – 2:00pm (Closed Wednesdays and Holidays) For more information please call (281) 633-7581 or visit the Fort Bend Recycling Center website at www.co.fort-bend.tx.us. FYI unacceptable items get processed with the regular recycling, it could cause the load quality to decline. When this happens, the load may be refused by the recycling vendor. If so, the load is treated as regular trash —- defeating the whole purpose of recycling! If you are uncertain whether an item can be recycled, call GFL at (281) 368-8397 for assistance.