Effective March 17, 2020
COVID-19 IMPORTANT COMMUNICATION
WCA is closely following the recommendations of the CDC on social distance, travel bans, school closures, quarantines and event cancellations. As such, we’ve decided to modify our front office operations in order to protect employees and minimize the risk to spread COVID-19 to our customers.
WCA will take the following precautionary measures:
- Effective March 17, 2020 non-essential WCA employees will telecommute, or work from home to follow the CDC recommendation of social spacing
- Access to our offices will be restricted
- Payments will be accepted over the phone, online and by mail
- Regular trash, recycling, and disposal service will continue but you may see delays
- Essential personnel will be at the office to monitor our hauling, landfills, and transfer stations duties for all of your waste needs.
PGMUD Tops in Recycling
Congratulations! According to WCA, our community has one of the highest recycle participation rates in the metro area. It takes time to recycle, and it takes extra time to get the most out of the program. Education is critical in understanding what is and is not recyclable. Pecan Grove MUD picks up traditional recyclables once a week.
Trash and Recycle Information
Pecan Grove MUD trash pick-up days are Monday and Thursday. Garbage must be out no later than 7:00am. Heavy trash is collected on both days.
The Recyclables pick up day depends on where you live in Pecan Grove. If you live north of Plantation Drive your recycle day is Monday. If you live on or South of Plantation Drive your recycle day is Thursday.
Should you need to replace a damaged recycle cart simply call customer service at (281) 368-8397, indicate you are in Pecan Grove and they will process the request at no charge.
Neither trash nor recycle will be collected on the holidays listed below. Service will resume on the next regularly scheduled pick up day following a Holiday that falls on a Monday or Thursday.
- Thanksgiving Day – Thursday, November 26, 2020
- Memorial Day – Monday, May 31, 2021
- Labor Day – Monday, September 6, 2021
- Thanksgiving Day – Thursday, November 25, 2021
Trash Collection Tips
- The maximum size allowable container is 50 gallons unless you purchased a cart directly from WCA.
- The maximum weight per container, bag or bundle is 50 pounds.
- Containers larger than 50 gallons and or items exceeding 50 pounds will have a notice placed on them indicating the need to use a smaller container or to remove some of the content on overweight containers or items for collection the next scheduled day.
- Tree trimmings need to be cut into 4 foot lengths, tied and bundled not to exceed 50 pounds.
- Dirt, rocks, brick and concrete are not part of normal trash collection.
WCA does have a special pick-up service available at a nominal fee to collect many overweight items or other items not covered as part of the normal service. Please call their office in advance at (281) 368-8397 to arrange collection of this type of material.
Recycle Materials Accepted by WCA Curbside Recycle Service (Effective May 2019) — To print click the flyer.
Note: Some items acceptable to discard in the Fort Bend County Recycling Center are not all acceptable in the WCA curbside recycle program (e.g., batteries, tires, styrofoam, etc.).
Fort Bend County Recycling Center
Located at 1200 Blume Road in Rosenberg, accepts many recyclable items, including: paper products, tires, oil, plastics / Styrofoam, electronics, cans, latex paint, household appliances, antifreeze, glass, batteries and scrap metal.
Hours of Operation
Recycling: Monday-Saturday, 8:00am – 4:00pm (Closed Wednesdays and Holidays) Household Hazardous Waste: Mondays 9:00am – 6:00pm and the first Saturday of each month 8:00am – 2:00pm (Closed Wednesdays and Holidays) For more information please call (281) 633-7581 or visit the Fort Bend Recycling Center website at www.co.fort-bend.tx.us. FYI unacceptable items get processed with the regular recycling, it could cause the load quality to decline. When this happens, the load may be refused by the recycling vendor. If so, the load is treated as regular trash —- defeating the whole purpose of recycling! If you are uncertain whether an item can be recycled, call WCA at (281) 368-8397 for assistance.