Dear PGMUD Resident:
Below please find a summary of the many activities underway within the District. Please feel free to call the District’s office, (281) 238-5000 for answers to any questions you may have.
Odyssey Engineering informed the board that construction is scheduled to begin in early October to remedy slope failure on Jones Creek. This is a major project and is necessary to insure the long-term integrity of the levee wall protecting Pecan Lakes. Details about this project can be found at www.pecangrovemud.com.
The District sold on September 24 series 2019A bonds (A1 rated) totaling $8,385,000. The effective interest rate the District will pay is 2.68 percent – a record low interest rate.
The Pecan Grove Volunteer Fire Department responded to 81 calls during the most recent 30 days of which 58 were in Pecan Grove (Waterside Estates and Harvest Green are also served by PGVFD).
An Orienteering Course in Pecan Grove Park was dedicated on September 13. This course was built by Eagle Scout candidate Jonah Haven whose home is in Plantation Meadows. It consists of some 22 hidden brass markers that persons navigating the course using either a compass or GPS must find. Successful navigation of an Orienteering Course is required for Scouts and ROTC, but can be enjoyed by anyone. The documentation needed to navigate the course will be posted soon at www.pecangrovemud.com under menu item “Parks”.
The Butterfly Garden in Memorial Park is largely complete. Soon to be installed is a bench donated by a PG resident in honor of a deceased relative. The girl scouts who built the garden intend to build a decorative fence around it as soon as funds are available.
The board approved repair of aerator 7 on Bullhead Slough. At future meetings a proposal to improve the reliability of the aerator system will be considered. This would involve changing the type of aerators and anchoring them to the bottom of the channel. BTW there are fish in Bullhead and fishing (with a Texas license) is allowed.
Windmill Park Potential Transfer: The board was advised by its attorney that negotiations are ongoing but that there are substantial difficulties dealing with provisions in the land title that must be resolved to the satisfaction of all parties before a transfer requested by the POA to PGMUD can be completed.
Sidewalks Most Recently Improved:
- Tilman at Southern Place
- 2439 Standing Oaks
- 2422 Standing Oaks
- 1814 Foster Leaf
- 1935 Foster Leaf
- 2539 Silent Shore
- 2547 Silent Shore
Please keep in mind the district does not own nor maintain sidewalks, driveways and curbs and is unable to spend tax payer dollars to fix private issues. However, the district can make repairs to a sidewalk in the event there is a failed district utility in the area of the sidewalk and the deformation is substantial. Please call the customer service office to have your sidewalk investigated.
Water Meter Replacement: EDP continues to replace meters as they approach the 1.5 million gallon mark as well as hard to read and stuck meters. There is a total of 4,828 meters replaced to date, with 23 meter(s) replaced this month.
- Percent Accountability 95.2 %
- PGMUD Total Metered Water 96,511,000
- Amount Produced 101,420,000
- Amount Unaccounted for 4,909,000
- Amount Used for Maintenance, Est. 50,000
- Amount Lost Due to Known Leaks, Est. 150,000
- Adjusted Accountability 96.3%
E-mail Alert Subscribers now total 3,227.
PROJECTS UNDER CONSTRUCTION
- Improvements to Raw Water Tanks at Surface Water Treatment Plant
- Lift Station No. 4 Rehabilitation Is Complete
- Main Channel Rehabilitation Contract Awarded
- Jones Creek Slope Rehabilitation Begins In October
- Culvert Rehabilitation at Mayweather Begins In October
- Drainage Improvements to serve Victoria Garden Drive
- Levee Drainage Improvements adjacent to Harvest Green
PROJECTS UNDER DESIGN
- Mason Road Levee Improvements
- North Pump Station Improvements
- South Pump Station Automation
- Electrical Improvements and Generator at Water Plant No. 2
- Improvements at Water Plant No. 3
- South Pump Station Access Road Improvement
- Rehabilitation of Lift Station 7
For a description of all of the projects listed above, please visit the Construction Projects page of the website.