Fort Bend County Judge Hebert gave a video update this morning, which is loaded to YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CwLD9ed6Tc
Our first priority is the safety of our residents and our employees
- Please be prudent and don’t take risks that could threaten your safety or the safety of first responders who may have to rescue you.
Our focus today remains on:
- Rescuing those who need immediate assistance and seeing to their safety
- Preparing our county and our residents for possible challenges to come
The situation with rising flood waters remains dynamic.
- We hit a dangerous peak during the flash flooding over the weekend
- We are headed toward another dangerous peak now
- The sun is shining today, but the water is rising and danger is near
- It is critical that all residents pay close attention to the latest news
I want to be very clear about current evacuation orders
- All evacuation orders remain in place
- Evacuation orders will only be lifted by me
- Evacuation orders will stand until it is safe for residents to return
- Shelters are available for residents who need a place to stay
We will keep you informed
- We are using Facebook, Twitter and our emergency management website to share latest information and answer questions
This incident will test our community for weeks to come
- But we’ve been here before, and we have persevered – and we will persevere
- We appreciate your support and ask for your continued patience
- We will do our best to keep you informed as we work through the many challenging weeks that lay ahead.