Fourth of July Fireworks Postponed (Excerpts From PG POA Report)
After reviewing the latest rising trends with COVID-19 cases in the Houston area in the past two weeks, and considering the guidance of local health officials, the POA Board has decided to POSTPONE our scheduled July 4th Fireworks event until later this year.
We are thankful to Sky Wonder Pyrotechnics (Fireworks Vendor), PGVFD and MUD board for their efforts to help us pivot and keep the show going on at Pecan Grove Park off Pitts Road on short-notice…we ALL wanted to make this work for the community.
FEMA Urges Flood Insurance Purchase
Recently PGMUD received a message from FEMA (Federal Emergency Management Agency) asking the District to suggest that residents purchase flood insurance through the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP). They asked that Pecan Grove residents be made aware of these informative web sites:
Please be aware that Flood Insurance must be purchased 30 days prior to any flooding event in most cases.
Flood Insurance Coverages and Claims
- NFIP Website
- Why Do I Need Flood Insurance
- Basic Principles of Flood Insurance: 4 Short Videos
- NFIP Summary of Coverage
- Lower-Cost Flood Insurance: The Preferred Risk Policy
- Five Ways to Lower the Cost of Your Flood Insurance Premium
- FEMA’s Flood Insurance Claims Process – Fact Sheet
Flood Maps and Flood Map Changes
- FEMA Map Service Center Website to Identify a Property’s Flood Zone
- FEMA Flood Map Changes Website to Compare Effective Maps to Preliminary Maps
- Map Changes and Flood Insurance: What Property Owners Need to Know – Fact Sheet
Excerpts from EDP Report (The District’s Operator)
- Pecan Grove MUD has again this year continued the designation of Superior Water Quality from TCEQ (Texas Commission on Environmental Quality).
- Water Accountability: 99.3 % (Total gallons produced 59,908,000, Total metered 59, 507,000)
- Water Source: Surface water 75.7%, Ground (wells) water 24.3%
- Sidewalk Improvements From Previous Month
- 1915 Hanover Springs Sidewalk Repair Surrounding Water Valve
We continue to replace meters as they approach the one and one half million gallon mark as well as hard to read and stuck meters. There is a total of 4,958 meters replaced to date, with 1 meter(s) replaced this month.
Report from Marcus Campbell of Time & Season (The District’s Park Manager)
- Due to COVID-19, T&S completed additional cleaning as per the approval of the board for the month of June.
- I was authorized last month to install Kiddie Cushion at the Pecan Grove Park. This is complete.
- I was authorized last month to install sand in the volleyball area at Pecan Grove Park. This is complete.
- T&S installed sand in the volleyball court and playground at Windmill Park. The pavilion and playground equipment have been cleaned.
- I am requesting authorization to repair irrigation at Windmill Park for an estimated cost of $3,000.00.
- I am requesting authorization to repair the expansion joints inside the pavilion as well as sidewalks at Windmill Park for an estimated cost of $7,000.00.
Report From Fire Chief Joe Woolley
- 80 calls for emergency service.
- 49 calls were located in Pecan Grove
- 15 calls were located in Waterside
- 11 calls were located in Harvest Green
- 3 call were located outside of our district
- 2 call were to mutual aid another agency
- Nothing big or out of the ordinary, Normal medical calls, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Fire/Medical Alarms.
- As most of you are aware, we have our annual 5 Miles My Way fun run coming up on July 4th. Over the past couple of weeks, we have been consulting with our county health officials discussing the rising numbers of Covid 19 cases, the precautions we need to put in place and recommendations to the public attending the event. The County Health Officials recommend that the department not hold the event due to the current spike in COVID-19 cases, the current hospital situation, the number of participants and the inability to maintain adequate social/physical distancing during certain times of the event.As your Fire Chief, it is my duty to do what is best to maintain the safety of the participants and residents of the community that we love and serve. Taking everything into consideration for the safety of our community and our personnel, I have decided to postpone our Annual 5 Miles My Way fun run to later in the year (date TBD, but possibly Labor Day or Thanksgiving Week).
This was a very difficult decision to make. Our annual 5 Miles My Way fun run has been held for over 30 years and it brings our community together as we celebrate July 4th. This is one of two annual fundraisers that combined, provide approximately $40,000.00 to our annual budget. Both events have now been postponed as the safety of our community is our top priority.
- Our Golf tournament has been moved to October 19, 2020. There will be more information coming out as this date gets closer.
- Our annual audit has been completed and sent to Mrs. Miller, for your review.
Report From Trevor Royal of WCA (The District’sTrash Hauling Service)
- Effective with the next contract year which begins October 1, the fee for trash hauling will be reduced from $13.14 to $12.98 per household.
- An updated recycle flyer outlining permissible and non-permissible items is now available at https://www.pecangrovemud.com/trash/ This flyer will be included as an insert with the next water bill.
Excerpts from Off Cinco Report (The District’s Website Provider)
- Visitors to PGMUD’s website: 1570
- Subscribers to News and Alerts: 3370
Odyssey Engineering Report on Construction Projects
- Please click here for Construction Projects page.
- Residents living near Bullhead Slough will be particularly interested to see a detailed description of the rehabilitation work that is scheduled to start in July.