Trash and Recycle Information Update by Trevor Royal (WCA)
- Crews work from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. (or later on heavy load days).
- Recycle and trash hauling trucks look the same – BUT GO TO APPROPRIATE DESTINATIONS.
- Crews are not allowed to accept trash in a recycle container.
- Trash and recycle containers may be placed in your yard as close to the curb as practical.
- Problem reports or questions may be sent directly to WCA from the District’s home page at www.pecangrovemud.com.
Parks Management Report by Marcus Campbell (Time & Season)
T&S was authorized at the October meeting to fertilize and herbicide the new trees at Pecan Grove Park. This has been completed. We were also authorized to prune, remove stakes, and mulch the new trees, this is pending completion.
T&S was authorized at the September meeting to move forward with new playground equipment for Windmill Park. The equipment has been ordered and is pending delivery. The installing will be completed upon receipt.
T&S is requesting authorization to move forward with repairs and paint to the pavilion at Windmill Park for an estimated cost of $3,000.00. This was included in the annual budget.
T&S is requesting authorization to trim trees along area B (Pitts Road to Levee turns south for $9,750.00) and area C (Plantation Road South and around to end of area B – chain link fence $9,500.00). We are also requesting authorization to herbicide and clean the toe of levee to fence line for a total of $4,000.00. These items are included in your annual budget.
Note: All of the foregoing action requests were approved
Sheriff’s Office Report by Lt. Hastedt
The following statistics reflect activity by the contract deputies during October:
- 255 Dispatched Calls
- 32 Traffic Stops
- 267 Property Checks
- 3 Arrests: DWI, Family Assault, Warrant
- 1 Burglary of a Vehicle
- 0 Burglary of a Habitation
Pecan Grove VFD Report by Chief Joe Woolley
- 90 calls for emergency service.
- 55 calls were located in Pecan Grove.
- 20 calls were located in Waterside.
- 9 calls were located in Harvest Green.
- 5 calls were located outside of our district.
- 1 call were to mutual aid another agency.
- House fire in Waterside on 10/29/20 caused a large amount of fire damage as well as smoke and water damage.
- A portable building fire next to a house in Pecan Grove (CIA) 11/1/20; no extension to the house – just scorched paint.
- Normal medical calls, motor vehicle accidents, fire/medical alarms.
We sold 178 racks of ribs. Thanks for all who purchased one and special thanks to EDP (District operator) and WCA (District waste hauling company) for their substantial purchases.
With the Holidays here and everyone putting up their Christmas cheer, remember to be careful not to overload your circuits. If your cords or breakers are getting warm you are overloading them, Get them checked by a licensed electrician.
Stay Safe and Healthy
Extracts from Report by District’s Operator (EDP)
- Water Accountability: 100%
- Surface Water Treatment Plant Capacity: 81%
- PGMUD Total Metered Water: 58,736,000 Gallons
- Total Connections: 4,487
(The Apartments count as one connection.)
We continue to replace meters as they approach the one and one half million gallon mark as well as hard to read and stuck meters. There is a total of 4,993 meters replaced to date, with
1 meter(s) replaced this month.
Walk-ins to Customer Service Office: 416
Visits to PGMUD Web Site: 1474
Email Subscribers for News and Updates: 3493 (+27 from last month)
Status of Items Previously Discussed and Authorized
Surface Water Treatment Plant Membrane Health Check
I was authorized at the October Meeting to initiate an overall membrane system health check to be performed by PALL Water at the surface water treatment plant. I have given notice to
PALL and we are in the process of scheduling the dates for the inspection to take place.
Water Plant #2 Booster Pump and Motor Replacement
I was authorized at the January meeting to replace booster pumps #1, #2, #3 and #4 and booster pump motor #1, #2 and #3 at water plant #2. All booster pumps and motors are
working as intended. Water Plant #2 is online.
Wastewater Treatment Plant Dark Sky Compliant Light Replacement
I was authorized at the April meeting to update the wastewater treatment plant lights with dark sky compliant shielding. We have installed test shielding and it is providing good results. We
will have the final design fabricated and installed before the December meeting.
Wastewater Treatment Plant Waste Activated Sludge Pump #1 Repair
I was authorized at the September meeting to repair the wastewater treatment plant waste activated sludge pump #1. The pump has been installed and working as intended.
Surface Water Treatment Plant Sludge Well Pump #2 Repair
I was authorized in the August meeting to repair the surface water treatment plant sludge well pump #2. The pump has been installed and working as intended.
Sidewalk Improvements From Previous Month
- Jane Long League Sidewalk Replacement Around Manhole
- Country Mile Ct Sidewalk Replacement Around Manhole
- Country Mile Ln Sidewalk Replacement Around Manhole
Repair Items Requiring Board Authorization
Surface Water Treatment Plant Ammonia Monochloramine Analyzer Replacement
I am requesting authorization to purchase and install a new 5500sc Ammonia Monochloramine analyzer for an estimated cost of $21,000.00. The new analyzer was approved in the current budget and I would like to proceed with the replacement.
Surface Water Treatment Plant Low Range and Ultra High Range Turbidimeter Replacement
I am requesting authorization to purchase and install three new TU5300sc low range and three new TU5400sc ultra high range turbidimeters for an estimated cost of $34,000.00. The new
turbidimeters were approved in the current budget and I would like to proceed with their replacement.
Note: All requested repair authorizations were approved.