Trash and Recycle Information (WCA)
To report a recycle or trash problem please go to the District’s home page at www.pecangrovemud.com.
Recycle and trash hauling trucks look the same – BUT GO TO APPROPRIATE DESTINATIONS. Crews work from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. (or later on heavy load days). Crews are not allowed to accept trash in a recycle container. WCA has been acquired. Trucks markings and color may change.
Operator’s Report for the Board (EDP)
- Significant Repairs From Previous Month: 19
- In-Progress Water Distribution, Sanitary Sewer and Storm Water Repairs: 4
- Water Plant #2 Generator Emergency Repair – On March 22nd, we had an emergency repair to the water plant #2 generator radiator. The estimated cost for replacement is $38,000.00 with a 6-8 week lead time. The radiator was found to be cracked and leaking following an extended run time during the freeze.
We continue to send updates to the website as needed. As of February 26, 2021, there are 3,613 email subscribers (+73).
- Visitors to Customer Service Office: 313
- Visitors to District’s Website Period Ending March 18: 1515
- Customers Receiving News and Alerts: 3,632
Parks Report (Time and Season, Inc.)
- T&S lowered the flags to half-staff from March 18th thru 22nd at Pecan Grove Park and Memorial Park in honor of the tragedy in Atlanta.
- T&S lowered the flags to half-staff from March 23rd and set to raise on March 27th at Pecan Grove Park and Memorial Park to honor the victims in Boulder, CO.
- T&S replaced broken parts on the flags pole at Memorial and Pecan Grove Park.
- Due to COVID-19, T&S completed additional cleaning as per the approval of the board for the month of February.
Action Item Request & Updates
T&S was authorized at the October meeting to fertilize and herbicide the new trees at Pecan Grove Park. This has been completed. We have also pruned the trees. Stakes have been removed and mulch is scheduled for first week of April. CDC fertilized and herbicide the parks and levee. The Pecan Grove Park was also treated for fire grass.
T&S also mulched all the trees along Mason Road and Memorial Park.
T&S reported last month the water was off at Pecan Grove Park following Winter Storm Uri due to numerous leaks in the building. We repaired 10 leaks within the plumbing in the wall, water fountain and toilet leaks. See pictures attached. We will paint the repairs on the wall the week of March 29th.