As you may be aware, we are expecting some heavy rain and the potential for some severe weather to move through our area starting today and overnight into Saturday. As a recap from the National Weather Service/Hydro:
- The rain will start in the evening hours on Friday (during commuting hours)
- The bulk of the rain will hit FBC between midnight and 6am Saturday morning
- Once the front moves through in the morning on Saturday, it will move through quickly
- Most of the impacts to FBC will be flash flooding of streets, creeks, and bayous with the potential for some damaging winds (remember: there are lot of holiday decorations in yards this time of year) and tornadoes
- We likely won’t see river impacts along the Brazos or San Bernardo until into next week
- FBC EOC is currently at Level III (Increased Readiness). The FBC EOC will likely move to Level II (Limited Activation) with a partial activation of the EOC in the afternoon on Friday (12/7/2018).
Emergency alerts, if any, and other information regarding potential flooding will be issued by the Fort Bend Office of Emergency Management, and may be monitored at http://fbcoem.org.